Education and Careers Expo 2018
(Organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council)
Date, time & venue
1 - 4 February 2018 (Thur - Sun); Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
The Institution will participate in the Education and Careers Expo 2018 to enhance the professional image of engineers and stimulate the interest of visitors in the engineering profession. All members of the Institution are welcome to visit the HKIE booth at the Expo at which School Ambassadors will answer enquiries raised by the visitors. Your participation and support are highly appreciated.
For enquiries, please contact the Corporate Communications Section at Tel: 2830 9057 or Email: email@example.com.
The 43rd Annual Dinner
Date, time & venue
16 March 2018 (Fri); 6:15pm cocktail for 7:00pm; Convention Hall, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, Harbour Road, Wanchai
The Honourable Mrs Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor, GBM, GBS, Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
HK$1,380 per person (including pre-dinner cocktail and the western set dinner). Drinks during and after the dinner will be on members' own account.
Reservation & enquiries
For reservation, please complete and return the Reply Form with the appropriate payment to the HKIE Conference and Function Section before 23 February 2018 to:
Ms Eli MOCK / Ms Ada LAU
Conference and Function Section
The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers
9/F Island Beverley
No 1 Great George Street
Tel: (852) 2895 4446
Fax: (852) 2203 4133
Payment should be made to "The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers".
Notes to participants
1. All members of the Institution are encouraged to attend the dinner and to invite guests to attend. Members are advised that this is an occasion upon which invitations should be extended to those engaged in engineering or have substantial dealings with engineers and leaders of other learned professions.
2. Each (circular) table will be for 12 persons. If a booking is made for less than 12 persons, the Institution reserves the right to place additional persons at such tables or charge for vacant places.
3. If you book a table (12 persons) or more, a set of invitation cards and place cards as well as a wine list with an order form, will be sent to you upon receipt of the full payment.
4. No refund will be made once the booking has been confirmed. The Institution reserves the right to decide on the final allocation of tables and seatings. All payments should be settled before 23 February 2018. After this date, the Institution reserves the right to release the tables/seats reserved to other interested parties.
The HKIE "Smart Tomorrow, Engineers' Motto" Programme
Date, time & venue
Exhibition: 7 - 18 April 2018 (Sat - Wed), Main Lobby 1/F, Hong Kong Science Museum; Smart Lectures: 7 April 2018 (Sat), 2:00pm - 5:30pm (including Opening Ceremony), Lecture Hall, Hong Kong Science Museum; Project Site Visits: 14 & 21 April 2018 (Sat), 9:00am, Visit 1: North East New Territories (NENT) Landfill Site and Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Plant at Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Hospital; Visit 2: Happy Valley Underground Stormwater Storage Scheme; Visit 3: District Cooling System at Kai Tak Development and the EMSD Education Path; Visit 4: MTR Gallery at Kowloon Station
A major public event of the Institution under the theme of ˇ§Smart Tomorrow, Engineersˇ¦ Mottoˇ¨ (the Programme) will be held in April 2018. This will be part of the activities of the HK SciFest 2018 initiated by the Hong Kong Science Museum. This Programme aims to showcase the contribution of engineers to the sustainable development of Hong Kong and highlight their endeavours in creating smart homes and a smart city for the people. It is expected that the Programme will provide a valuable opportunity for youngsters and their families to learn more about STEM education and the engineering profession, as well as to arouse their interest in engineering as a whole. The Programme consists of an exhibition, smart lectures and project site visits. The Opening Ceremony cum Prize Presentation for the HKIE Colouring and Mascot Naming Competition will be held on 7 April 2018. Members are invited to participate in the Programme with their family members and friends. For more details, please visit the website at http://www.hkie.org.hk/events/stem/intro/.
Topics and speakers of the Smart Lectures
- Weather services of Hong Kong in a smart world by Dr Cheng Cho-ming, Assistant Director of the Hong Kong Observatory
- Smart earthquake-resistant buildings by Ir Prof J S Kuang, Professor, the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Smart storm water drainage systems by the Chief Engineer/Land Drainage, the Drainage Services Department
- Ensure reliable power supply against extreme weather by Ir Ho Siu-kwong, Director - Asset Management, Power Systems, CLP Power Hong Kong Ltd.
Registration & enquiries
For enquiries, please contact Tel: 2895 4446 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The International Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE) 2018
(Jointly organised with the Chinese Society for Electrical Engineering (CSEE), the Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan (IEEJ) and the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers (KIEE))
Date & venue
24 - 28 June 2018 (Sun - Thur); Seoul, Korea
The ICEE aims to provide a forum for sharing knowledge, experience and creative ideas among worldwide electrical engineers. The deadline for abstract submission is 30 November 2017. For more details, please visit the website at http://www.icee2018.org/.
For enquiries, please contact Ms Summer Lam at Tel: 2830 9059.